Flag of Laos

Laos forum

10 days to travel Laos

• charlotte88

Joined Travelfish
    4th February, 2008

Hi, everyone I am travelling to thailand for two weeks and Laos for 10 days, maybe slightly more or less in either. this is the kind of itinerary i made based on lonely planet guide 05. Can anyone tell me if i'm missing out anywhere on the way/how long recommended in certain places- thanks!

-Cross border at Chong Mek Bus/train to Pakse.
    -Take bus to Tat Lo from south terminal at Pakse.
    -Back to Pakse, then down to
    -Si Phan don, Either get bus for Don Det and Don Khon 4 hours- 7am, 8:30am, 10am 11.30 a.m.(4 hours) OR Muang Khong (Don Khong, 8am, 10 am (3 hours). -Bikes can be hired.
    Bus’s for Pakse £1.50 8am and 8.30am 2-3 hours. Sawngathaew £1.50 3-4 hours. From Muang Kong (Don Khong) Market at 4:30 am and 6.30 am.

-Savannakhet
    (?) Tha Kaek
    -Vientaine
    -Luan Prabang-Vientaine- train down to bangkok (whree i catch my next flight).

Thanks alot!

Charlotte

#1 Posted: 4/2/2008 - 21:49

• Advertisement

• srsdj

Joined Travelfish
    30th October, 2007
    Total reviews: 11

Hi Charlotte,

It is a very ambitious itinerary if all your travel is land-based. You might consider flying Pakse to Luang Prabang and road back to Vientiane if time permits. The road trip from LP to Vang Vieng is really special.

#2 Posted: 5/2/2008 - 06:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.