Flag of Laos

Laos forum

route and traveltimes, n.laos

• fishtails04

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

i am trying to plan my itinerary for n. laos and have to be more organised than usual to get to luang prabang by a given date to meet a friend.
    i would appreciate any help with the rough journey times for the following route:

into muang khua from dien bien phu in vietnam, i should arrive aroundlunch time i think?

up to phongsali via udomxai - iwould like to take a boat from muang khua up to phongsali, skipping udomxai, but am i right in thinking the river might be too low at this time of year?

phongsali back to udomxai (8 hrs by bus, i think, thanks to advice already posted here)

udomxai to luang nam tha (half a day by bus?)

luang nam tha to the gibbon experience (and where exactly is it?!! i have emailed them for details but no reply)

giibons back to luang nam tha and then down to luang prabang ( someone has just posted about this bit so i will check the boat landing as recommended)any idea how long this boat would take?

thanks a million for any help you can give me,
    cheers
    fishtails

#1 Posted: 8/2/2008 - 17:55

• Advertisement

• Lam_merison

Joined Travelfish
    29th May, 2007

1. from Muang Dien Bien Phu to Muang Khua u 've to catch a day bus that run 4 bus/week(Muang Khua to Dien Bien Phu)
    2. yeab u can catch the boat from Muang Khua to Phongsali but sometime u 've to hire a boat (boat may leav when full)
    3.yeab phongsali to UDX spend 8 hr.
    4.UDX to LNT there is day and night bus, for day bus it may start at UDX but night bus it run pass UDX and u have to waiting( time schedule may change normally
    5.& 6. No information but I used to go to LPB from LNT spent around 8 hr.

Luang Nam Tha bus timetable

#2 Posted: 10/2/2008 - 11:03

• Lam_merison

Joined Travelfish
    29th May, 2007

#3 Posted: 10/2/2008 - 11:05

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

hi Lam_merison:

could you please drop me an email at y_i_n_g at mailcity dot com? thank you!

fishtails: have answered you on another forum...

regards,

wanderingcat

#4 Posted: 12/2/2008 - 08:19

• Lam_merison

Joined Travelfish
    29th May, 2007

wandercat if u can
    drop me at Lam_merison at ya hoo dot com

#5 Posted: 13/2/2008 - 22:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.