Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Four Thousand Islands in wet season

• ade7

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008

Hi,
    I shall be in Laos in July this year. I gather that during the wet season the Four Thousand Islands are partially flooded with all the influx of water. Does this put it off limits for a visit in the wet season? Or, conversely is it more impressive and should definitely be on my itinerary?
    Any help much appreciated.
    Cheers, Andy

#1 Posted: 14/4/2008 - 21:44

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Andy,

It's not off limits at all. The waterfalls are running at full steam, so they're about as spectacular as they get. Sure it's a bit more muddy, and you'll want to check the roof doesn't leak, but otherwise I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

#2 Posted: 15/4/2008 - 05:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Siem Reap to 4 thousand islands ... By bliprogers on 13 Jul 2006 2 2557 18 Jul 2006
Laos to cambodia through four thousand islands ... By josh4321 on 15 Nov 2008 3 3955 18 Nov 2008