Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Luang prabang thai islands

• gijsvanpelt

Joined Travelfish
    10th June, 2008

Hello.

leaving for se asia for about 4 weeks in two weeks, and planned a route where Laos and thailand are included.

Plan is first two days bangkok, have been before so keep it short this time. Then fly 2 chiang rai and from there straight to thai lao border.

From there via north laos in abt 4 days to luang prabang. and stay there for 4-5 days.

but also wanna go to koh tao in thailand, and is quite a ride, how about flying????? How much would it cost to get from Luang prabang to BKK or even better Samui or surat thani? It will speed up the trip up a bit more! please help!!

thanx

gijs

#1 Posted: 10/6/2008 - 17:33

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Sorry for the late reply on this.

There's no direct Luang Prabang to Ko Samui flights (or not yet anyway!) so you'll need to go through Bangkok.

Could be worth looking into the Discovery Airpass... because with that you could fly:
    Bangkok - Chiang Mai (then overland to Chiang Rai etc)
    Luang Prabang - Bangkok
    Bangkok - Samui
    Samui - Bangkok

There's a story all about the Airpass here

#2 Posted: 19/6/2008 - 18:11

• gijsvanpelt

Joined Travelfish
    10th June, 2008

hello Mr travelfish!

thanx for your reply! haven't left yet, so in time anyway.

I have allready booked BKK chiang rai, and from there by bus to chiang khong.
    from there get in probarbly 2 weeks to vientiane.

Was planning flying out of udon thaion, found tickets by air asia for 800B to bkk, and then maybe a bus to chumphon, thouhg I also wanna make a train trip, so this will be the best bet for me. As flying to Samui is quite expensive.... But I think this will be the best option. Or will Luang prabang BKK offer cheap flights, I only found approx 170 US$ flights. reather spend it on diving:):):)!

One more time, this site rox!!

PS You think this plan will be manageble????
    G

#3 Posted: 19/6/2008 - 21:07

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Yup that all sounds manageable. The train ride from Bkk to Chumphon is a pretty one.

Glad you like the site!

#4 Posted: 20/6/2008 - 05:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Using Thai Baht in Luang Prabang ... By TonyL on 4 Jul 2008 2 2247 5 Jul 2008
Boat from Thai border down to Luang Prabang ... By EdSue on 26 Jul 2011 0 2669 26 Jul 2011
boat from Luang Prabang to Thai border ... By stevebeag on 20 Oct 2007 3 3019 25 Oct 2007
Muay Thai/Laos in Luang Prabang ... By esternrodriguez on 11 Feb 2012 3 1502 1 Mar 2012
Flights from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang & Luang Prabang to Hanoi(V'nam)? ... By aussieboonmar on 8 Mar 2006 7 9261 19 Aug 2011