Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Travel companion wanted - North Laos - October - November 2008

Posted by queanbeyan on 22/6/2008 at 08:13

Hi

I am a 44 year old male from Canberra Australia and I will be travelling solo in North Laos from October 7 to November 4 2008. I speak Thai and Lao (not fluent but 20 years experience so quite reasonable). I have been to Laos a few times before and I know my way around but I would like to find some people to travel with (male/female any age is OK).

I plan to go by boat from Huay Xai to LPB and then from LPB to the main areas in North Laos. After that I will go south to Vientiene and then down the river to Thakhak and Pakse.

I am a budget traveller (guest house stays, local food, bus, boat etc). I enjoy a beer, trekking, riding bikes, having fun, eco-things, good spicy food.

If you are planning to be in Laos at that time post a reply and we could plan to meet or travel together. If you plan to travel to Laos for the first time - I am happy to share experiences etc.

Doug

#1 queanbeyan has been a member since 9/6/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 28

Posted by peppermintpaddy on 29/6/2008 at 22:55

hi doug-iwill be in laos roughly those times-single man 50+ live in manchester uk,it would be good to get a few pointers from you re travelling in laos.i am planing to come to laos via vietnam-if possible not flying into vientiane from hanoi,(tho' i will probably end up doing that if the alternatives are too spartan)-paddy

#2 peppermintpaddy has been a member since 29/6/2008. Posts: 12

Posted by queanbeyan on 30/6/2008 at 16:31

Hi peppermintpaddy, I plan to spend around 2 weeks in the north of Laos. I will arrive in Luang Prabang around 12 October. I have an email address that I check each few days - luuangprabang-at-live . com. au. - send me an email and we can keep in contact.
Doug

#3 queanbeyan has been a member since 9/6/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 28

Posted by queanbeyan on 11/7/2008 at 11:49

Hi paddy

I didnt receive any emails from you - so i will give you my email address again.

luangprabang @ live . com . au (take out the spaces to make it work).

Let me know if you are interested in travelling together or if you need some advice.

Doug

#4 queanbeyan has been a member since 9/6/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 28

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.