Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Luang prabang accomadation

• andyf

Joined Travelfish
    22nd July, 2008

I have booked a trip to the uk from Australia and fly via Bangkok on the way back to Australia. I have been looking at a sidetrip away from Bangkok due to the fact I have 12 nights to spare. I am looking at staying in Luang prabang for about 6 nights. My questions are is that too long, long enough and has anyone recomendations on where to stay please. I have heard good things about it and just want somewhere to chill after a hectic UK trip to see family.
    Andy

#1 Posted: 22/7/2008 - 19:01

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Andy,

Have you taken a look at our Luang Prabang section? You could always take a look at Luang Prabang and perhaps head up to Nong Kiaow or Muang Ngoi for a few days -- loads of relaxation points around there!

#2 Posted: 23/7/2008 - 17:10

• iballooka

Joined Travelfish
    11th June, 2008

Try this...

Bangkok- Udon Thani NOKAIR 2 nights...

Cross to Laos via the Friendship to Vietiane only a short trip 3 nights

Bus to Vang Vieng 3 nights do the Tubing bus is about $10

Bus to Prahbang 3 nights about $10

Early start back to Udon Thani for flight back to Bangkok and overnight stop before onward flight..

A good trip loads to see and do travel light leave your big cases in the hotel in Bangkok..

A good standard of places to stay around $20

I do it often instead of the normal visa run....

Visa on arrival in Laos from $30-$40 if they can get more then they will need 2 passport photos...

#3 Posted: 25/7/2008 - 21:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flights from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang & Luang Prabang to Hanoi(V'nam)? ... By aussieboonmar on 8 Mar 2006 7 9429 19 Aug 2011