Flag of Laos

Laos forum

There is an ATM in Pakse!

• bigfatcuban

Joined Travelfish
    18th December, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hi
    yes you can use your EFTPOS/CIRRUS card in the South.
    BUT beware, it is vary hard to sell your LAOS kip to buy back Thai Baht or dollars... it is not on the world currency exchange and no bank will accept it, also at the border the exchange places are often closed or do not want your kip.
    we still have about 1million kip in Sydney - anyone want to buy it off us? I'll give you a great rate!

#1 Posted: 8/8/2008 - 10:37

• Advertisement

• Bronita

Joined Travelfish
    14th August, 2008

I live in Sydney, and will be going to laos in a couple of months... how much do you want to charge me for 1 million kip?

You can email me on missbronwynsmith(at)hotmail.com to discuss this if you still are trying to sell!

#2 Posted: 14/8/2008 - 09:27

• chaosclaire

Joined Travelfish
    18th September, 2008

The ATM in Pakse takes Visa, Maestro and a host of other international cards... there are several in Savannakhet also.
    So the days of no ATMs in Southern Laos are over!
    Claire

#3 Posted: 20/9/2008 - 17:46

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

"it is vary hard to sell your LAOS kip to buy back Thai Baht or dollars... "

Actually very easy if done before you leave Laos. Simply go to a gold shop at the market, a travel agency, or anywhere else that is used to dealing in the currencies and also foreigners. I've always gotten a fair rate, but you should know your rates. Guest Houses, restaurants, and tuk tuks probably not such a great place to try to change money.

#4 Posted: 22/9/2008 - 20:44

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

Siam Commercial Bank along Lane Xang Road opposite Wat Sisaket in Vientiane will buy Lao kip too, rate was displayed at their counter. Pretty good service attitude too.

#5 Posted: 23/9/2008 - 00:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.