Flag of Laos

Laos forum

motorcycle hire in north laos

• queanbeyan

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2008
    Location Australia

Hi, I am an experienced motorcycle rider and I would like to get some details about how to hire a motorcycle to ride around in north laos. I know that its hard to hire a motorcycle in luang prabang for local use, but I intend to be riding to phongsali, udom Xai and luang nam tha and then back to luang prabang. Any experiences with hiring - good places - places to avoid - costs - tips - appreciated. I speak and read lao so i dont have problems with getting directions and routes.

Doug

#1 Posted: 16/8/2008 - 04:13

• Advertisement

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

Hi Doug,

Do a web search for Golden Triangle Riders out of Chang Mai Thailand. All that you seek is there. Many reviews of places to rent, routes and so forth.

Tip. Park your bike inside at night just like Laotians do ;-)

Sok Dee

#2 Posted: 19/8/2008 - 08:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Motorcycle hire? ... By tsargood on 31 Aug 2006 2 1426 31 Aug 2006
Motorcycle Hire Borneo ... By RossAngeles on 20 Mar 2014 1 779 24 Mar 2014
Motorcycle hire in Huay Xia ... By craigl on 7 Mar 2009 0 1158 7 Mar 2009
motorcycle jouney in the north ... By jackymoon on 17 Apr 2011 13 1960 23 Apr 2011