Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Ho Chi Minh to Vientiane. How did you get there?

• damagedglit-
    ter

Joined Travelfish
    16th August, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

Has anyone gone from HCMC to Vientiane? I'm looking at airline tickets and it is pretty expensive. I can't find proof of a reliable bus.

#1 Posted: 16/8/2008 - 22:18

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

To do it by bus you'd be looking at at least two to three days. What about doing a combination? For example getting the bus to Phnom Penh and then flying with Lao Airlines?

#2 Posted: 18/8/2008 - 12:10

• Marney_47

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2008

Im looking to do the reverse trip from Vietianne to HMNC... The only way i can do this is to fly to Hanoi and swap planes to fly back to HMNC... It is going to cost roughly about $200... Im doing this as im stuck for time so the 7-8 hours it will take to finally get to Saigon will be worth the money over 2-3 days on a bus.

I imagine there is a reverse trip flying to Hanoi and then onto Vietianne... But it will prob cost you again about $200...

Likewise if anyone has any alternatives or advice in reference to this trip would be appreciated by myself also...

#3 Posted: 19/8/2008 - 08:47

• JDog

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2008

Why not take the train from Saigon to Hue and then the bus on up to Vietianne? Or the reverse..

#4 Posted: 20/8/2008 - 11:39

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

It is a pretty uncomfortable bus journey.

#5 Posted: 20/8/2008 - 15:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.