Flag of Laos

Laos forum

luang prabang

• NEILEIO

Joined Travelfish
    29th April, 2008

hi all,

Could you please let me know if the flooding is bad in luang Prabang? and also is it possible to go tubing in LP?

Only have 5 days, would appreciate an easy to follow but full itinery? and any accomadation you can recommend?

Thanks for your help

#1 Posted: 28/8/2008 - 12:15

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I've not heard anything about bad flooding in Luang Prabang -- only Vientiane. For accommodation recommendations, suggest you take a look at the Luang Prabang section of the site - there's a bunch of recommendations in there...

Tubing only in Vang Vieng to the south and perhaps Muang Ngoi further north.

#2 Posted: 28/8/2008 - 16:38

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

I saw some naked monks tubing on the Nam Khan, a not too difficult bicycle ride out of LP. Didn't take any pics as it didn't seem a very culturally sensitive thing to do.;-) No tourist infra-structure whatsoever though, do it at your own risk!

#3 Posted: 28/8/2008 - 21:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flights from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang & Luang Prabang to Hanoi(V'nam)? ... By aussieboonmar on 8 Mar 2006 7 9497 19 Aug 2011