Is Lao-Airlines safe?
4th September, 2008
Hi there! I am getting quite concern about one advice read on the LonelyPlanet:
"Safety records for Lao Airlines aren´t made public, and many international organizations and Western embassies advise staff not to use this airline"
I have found that there is a flight from Luang Prabang to Hanoi by Lao-Airlines..... being a good choice for my trip. I don´t won´t to go vientiane to get to Hanoi.. and I am planning traveling from Hanoi back to Battambang visiting Vietnam and Cambodia.
01) Bankgok-> Ayutthaya (ruins, historical interest) [4 days]
02) Ayutthaya -> Sukhothai (via Phitsanulok) (ruins, historical interest) [1 day] // I am considering not going to Sukhothai now and being one more day in Chiang Mai.
03) Sukhothai -> Chiang Mai (trekking centre, temples) [2 days]
04) Chiang Mai -> Chiang Khong (riverside town, day trips, crossing to
Laos) [1 day]
05) Chiang Khong -> Huay Xai (riverside town) [1 day]
06) Huay Xai -> Pakbeng (riverside town, half-way point to Luang
Prabang) [2 days]
07) Pakbeng -> Luang Prabang (temples, riverside town, scenic) [3 days]
08) Luang Prabang -> Siem Reap -> [1 day] // flying to Hanoi Now!!!
09)Siem Reap -> Battambang (riverside town, rural daytrips, ruins) [1 day]
10) Battambang -> Phnom Penh [2 days]
11) Phnom Penh -> Saigon (museums, nightlife, daytrips) [1 day]
12) Saigon -> Mui Ne (beaches, sand dunes) [2 days]
13) Mui Ne -> Nha Trang (beaches, boat trips) [2 days]
14) Nha Trang -> Hoi An (riverside town, shopping, tailoring) [1 day]
15) Hoi An -> Hue (Imperial capital, temples, trips to DMZ) [2 days]
16) Hue -> Hanoi (capital city, colonial architecture, shopping) [3 days]
17) Hanoi -> Ha Long Bay (stunning scenery) [1 day]
18) Hanoi -> Sapa (trekking, minority groups, scenic) [1 day]
19) Hanoi Bangkok
20) Bankgok > Buenos Aires
Thanks to All!!
Jano (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
#1 Posted: 8/9/2008 - 02:48
21st January, 2004
Total reviews: 24
At least 113
The airline is considered a reasonably safe carrier -- hasn't had an accident in some time now.
#2 Posted: 8/9/2008 - 06:34
13th June, 2008
I confirm ! I have been for several years in Laos, traveling many provinces and also in the region, and using the only airlines "Lao Airlines". I never heard about any problem. It is sometime late, but even this, it is not too often.
Be safe, don't worry.
#3 Posted: 10/9/2008 - 09:45
21st March, 2007
Total reviews: 2
#4 Posted: 10/9/2008 - 11:42
22nd April, 2007
I have flown with them over 30 times. This furphy about safety sometimes rears its head when people read out of date posts.
#5 Posted: 10/9/2008 - 13:02
4th September, 2008
#6 Posted: 11/9/2008 - 05:54
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.