Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Laos in January

• traky

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2008

Hello,

i am planning to travel to Laos/Cambodia for 3 or 4 weeks from the 11th january '09. I understand this is high season - but just how busy does it get? Will I be able to rock up to LP or VTE with no accomodation booked and still find a guesthouse? If not how far in advance do i have to book?

If anyone has travelled Laos /Cambodia in January I would appreciate any insights!!

Thanks heaps!

#1 Posted: 22/9/2008 - 10:42

• Advertisement

• BigRoss

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2007
    Total reviews: 13

Hi. I was in Laos in January last year and the year before. I never had any trouble finding a guesthouse. This applied in LP and VTE, as well as smaller, out of the way towns. As in most places, it's just common sense to start looking for a place to stay as soon as you arrive in town, rather than leaving it until 8pm!

#2 Posted: 29/9/2008 - 20:30

• sadiqraihana

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2008

dear friend .im living in lp.for past 1 year lp is becoming very busy all over year.lots of thai people and hk tourist are arrived in weekend.so book your room b4

#3 Posted: 4/10/2008 - 19:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.