Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Final boarding call for North Laos

• queanbeyan

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2008
    Location Australia

Hi

This is a repeat message from a few months ago - sorry to bore you to tears but I am hoping to get a travel buddy!!

I am a 44 year old male from Canberra Australia and I will be travelling solo in North Laos from October 8 to November 4 2008. I speak Thai and Lao (not fluent but 20 years experience so quite reasonable). I have been to Laos a few times before and I know my way around but I would like to find some people to travel with (male/female any age is OK).

I plan to fly from BKK to LPB and then from LPB north (counter clockwise) up the Or river to nong Khiaw then to Muang Khua and then south to Udom Xai. From there I will go north to Luang Nam Tha then to Muang Sing the from the Mekong river I will travel to Xieng Kok, Huaw Xai, Pak Beng, then back to LPB. I will then fly to Chiang Mai then bus to Chiang Rai then back to BKK

I am a budget traveller (guest house stays, local food, bus, boat etc). I enjoy a beer, trekking, reading books, beer (did I already say that?), riding bikes, having fun, eco-things, good spicy food.

If you are planning to be in Laos at that time post a reply and we could plan to meet or travel together. If you plan to travel to Laos for the first time - I am happy to share experiences etc.

Doug

#1 Posted: 24/9/2008 - 16:16

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Final Itinerary for Thailand / Laos / Cambodia ... By nish on 2 Nov 2011 3 1270 24 Nov 2011