Flag of Laos

Laos forum

flying to and around Laos

• doharez

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2008

Hi,
    I'm in the process of booking flights, but am getting price quotes higher than I expected. I was wondering if anyone has booked recently and done better than this:
    Bangkok to Luang Prabang $187/Bangkok Air,
    LP to Vientiane $79/Lao Air, and
    Vientiane to Bangkok $173/Lao & $274/Thai.
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 29/10/2008 - 13:52

• Advertisement

• debmax

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2008

Hi I am travelling New Zealand to Bangkok later in Nov and trying to book an ongoing flight Bangkok to Luang Prabang. Here in New Zealand the cheapest price have been quotedis $409 NZD which is $241USD. However I have found a price through info@traveller.com for a flight for 6,200 Baht for an E ticket, but I don't know whether or not this is a genuine site - I did follow links from travel fish to get to it. Has anyone heard of this site or bought tickets through them??

#2 Posted: 8/11/2008 - 10:35

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Take a look at the discovery Airpass offered by Bangkok Airways -- details on the pass are here.

debmax that price strikes me as highish... Fares are cheaper if purchased in Thailand/Laos but obviously there's issues on availability if you leave it too late as the flights do fill up. That link you have is to a wireless company... ahhh I wouldn't buy tickets from them!

#3 Posted: 8/11/2008 - 14:47

• jafatravel

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2008

Doharez, instead of flying Vientiane - Bangkok, you could make the trek from Vientiane to Udon Thani overland and then fly Udon Thani - Bangkok via Air Asia. It would be cheaper but you need to spend a bit of time travelling from Vientiane to Udon Thani .

cheers
    Eddie

#4 Posted: 8/11/2008 - 18:45

• debmax

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2008

Thanks mahout I will pursue the discovery pass with bangkok Airways.It is much cheaper; which is especially useful when paying adult fares for teenagers!
    Cheers
    Debbie

#5 Posted: 9/11/2008 - 10:08

• doharez

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2008

Thanks for the replies. I've gone ahead and booked the flights I mentioned. Bangkok Air is the cheapest, but you have to pay in Baht, and my credit card has a $50 service charge (I'd call it something else) to convert foreign currencies. The flight from Udon Thani sounds good, but I have limited time, so... By the way, I had little trouble booking through the Lao airlines official sight - another post had lots of entries regarding this. One night nothing went through, but the next day there was no problem.
    Thanks again

#6 Posted: 9/11/2008 - 22:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.