Flag of Laos

Laos forum

That Luong festival and accomodation

• rossville69

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hello all,

I'm arriving in Vientiane on 4 Nov, and from what I gather the That Luong Festival is from 3-9 Nov.

Does anybody know if getting accommodation is likely to be a problem? It isn't mentioned anywhere I've seen, but that would seem logical...

Any suggestions on good budget places where I can reliably book online/over the phone?

Thanks,

Julian

#1 Posted: 30/10/2008 - 09:19

• Advertisement

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

think Boun That Luang is from 7-12 Nov, with 12 Nov full moon being the highlight. see this link:
    http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=98894&p=3&topicID=21610496

don't know about the accommodation situation. anyway Saysouly GH (listed on this site) can be booked online, have done that twice before. only the most expensive of their rooms can be booked through the booking system that goes through some agent, but they have cheaper options that can be reserved by emailing them directly (booking form on their website doesn't seem to work).

#2 Posted: 30/10/2008 - 11:22

• rossville69

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2007

Oh well, that's both good and bad news I guess :/

I was hoping to catch the festival, but it looks like it will be easier to get accomodation!

Thanks for the link and the info :)

#3 Posted: 30/10/2008 - 22:20

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

if you are headed way up north & passing through Luang Namtha at the right time, i think the Tai Lue in Muang Sing (2h ride away) celebrate their own version at the same time (November full moon) at That Xieng Tung (sp.?) stupa. supposedly the biggest event of the year for the town, even the Tai Lue from neighbouring China cross over for it.

#4 Posted: 31/10/2008 - 08:41

• rossville69

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2007

That's an excellent idea! I'll definitely see if I can work that one in, thanks :)

#5 Posted: 31/10/2008 - 21:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Song Kran Festival - Accomodation in Luang Prabang ... By basejump on 19 Nov 2008 1 1527 20 Nov 2008