Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Pakse - taxi driver or private car driver, please

• notayummymu-
    mmy

Joined Travelfish
    30th October, 2008

We are landing at Pakse airport around 11am and want to drive straight to Don Khon island. We have two small kids with us and would prefer to do this by private car / taxi (with a driver). But I can't find any phone numbers to call and try to book someone. Can anyone help with a name or phone number? Thanks

#1 Posted: 30/10/2008 - 13:38

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I don't have the contact details for anyone, but I'd imagine you wouldn't have too much trouble arranging a driver and car upon arrival. If you want to work through a travel agent, XploreAsia (www.xplore-asia.com) come recommended.

#2 Posted: 30/10/2008 - 15:26

• travelboyz

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2008

I recomended: You can get a Local Bus or Private Car after 11:00 am. or daily share a/c nice minivan in the morning at 08:00 am for 60.000 kip.
    The price for the private car to Ban Nakasang where you can continue get a boat to Don Khone is about USD 70-80.
    You can contact with Pakse Travel which is the Car rental, Air ticketing, Bus,Train ticketing center in Pakse .
    Address: Ban Thalaung, Pakse , Champasak Province
    Tel: 020-2277277 / 020-2266366
    E-mail: paksetravel@hotmail.com

#3 Posted: 3/11/2008 - 17:52

• notayummymu-
    mmy

Joined Travelfish
    30th October, 2008

thanks travelboyz

#4 Posted: 3/11/2008 - 18:21

• jonhstefan

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2011

My friend and I had just return from Siem Reap . Beside having greatexperience in Siem Reap (personally this is my 2nd time going to SiemReap), we also having great time with our tuk-tuk driver, Mr Same Sa Vat ( Same ) . He is always arrive at our hotel early than the planned time. Hewill advise us when and where should we visit. During the trip to Angkor Temples, we also had a tour guide, Mr Kim, to bring us around(places which my tour guide from my last trip did not show me). Mr Kimexplain the full details behind the temples. Too bad of the heavy rain,if not we will finish the full tour of the Angkor temples. Last butnot, Mr Same and Mr Kim had made us laugh and sharing with ustheir knowledge. If my friend and I going back to Siem Reap again, wewill request them again.Thank you, Same, Mr Chan Pouen . if you would like to know more information please please give him a contact by : www.angkorbestdriver.com , www.siemreaptuktuk.com

#5 Posted: 19/12/2011 - 09:40

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Jon
    Were you on crack when you made this post? Just say no to drugs man. Somehow I certainly missed the connection between this individual getting a car / taxi to Don Khone from Paxsi and some Tuk Tuk driver in Siem Reap.

#6 Posted: 19/12/2011 - 10:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hanoi in Dec - Van+Driver or private tour with guide ... By pekyao on 21 Oct 2007 10 3893 1 Nov 2007
Siem Reap Taxi Driver ... By kunkesey on 22 Jan 2008 2 5188 6 Jan 2012
Private hire taxi at Don Muang ... By KirstyB on 4 May 2010 1 1771 4 May 2010