Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Pimai Lao 2009 & Travel

• daflj

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2008
    Total reviews: 4

Hi
    I have a question that hopefully someone can give me guidance on. I'm expecting to be in Vientane from the 11th or 12th of April 2009, and was planning on staying until about the 14th or 15th, before catching an overnight bus to Hue.

I know that I'll have to book my accommodation in Vientiane well in advance, but I was also wondering about travelling onwards. Pimai Lao is (I believe) 13-15th April 2009. During this time will I be able to get a visa in Vientiane to move on to Vietnam, or will the consulate be close?

Also will it be possible to get bus services onwards, or will I have to wait until after the 15th?

#1 Posted: 12/11/2008 - 15:46

• Advertisement

• daflj

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2008

Just thought I'd bump this up the message board one more time in case it got missed last time :)

#2 Posted: 1/12/2008 - 15:27

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Thanks for the bump, I did miss it.

Buses should still be running, but I'm not sure about the Vietnamese consulate -- if I had to guess I'd say they'll be closed. I'd suggest dropping them a line beforehand (try dsqvn@laotel.com), else perhaps arrange the visa earlier -- in Bangkok perhaps?

#3 Posted: 1/12/2008 - 15:38

• daflj

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2008

Thanks somtam,
    I'll have 5 nights in Siem Reap and 5 nights in Luang Prabang before I get to Vientiane so I'll probably try and arrange the visa in one of those places.

#4 Posted: 1/12/2008 - 15:43

• basejump

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2008

hi there - you might want to confirm the dates for Pii mai (see my thread in this forum)

#5 Posted: 6/12/2008 - 06:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.