Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Amazing Space Amazing Grace.New mid level accomodation .Luang Prabang Laos.

• Travel forum
  • Laos
  • Amazing Space Amazing Grace.New mid level accomodation .Luang Prabang Laos.
  • simonrackle-
    ft

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2008

Amazing Space Amazing Grace
    By a serious of fortunate incidents I have just had five days at a soon- to- be opened hotel named (not so fortunately) Le Bel Air. The name though is the only unfortunate thing about the place....the rest gets a ten out of ten rating.
    Location.....right on a sizeable river near its junction with the Mekong in Luang Prabang Laos ....no roads just lawn then picket fence then water.Its probably the world's only tranquil two hectare rural location in the centre of a city.
    Size...currently 10 "bungalo's" or "rooms" on two hectares. In other words AMAZING space.The only time you see people is when you want to.The spaciousness and Buddhist -like tranquility are outstanding.
    Position....four minutes from the airport and fifteen to twenty minutes walking distance from the town's centre,five by bike and three by car.It's in a rural setting with about six houses visible over two kilometres on the other side of the river and none visible on the side of the hotel.
    Rooms....well above average. It's an all new hotel.There are three levels all of which are better than they should be for the price.I stayed in a bungalo at the rivers edge in the garden, which as you can imagine was beautiful,quiet and secluded. The bed was huge and comfortable. The bungalo had a big bath which I used daily,flat TV (I didn't use!) ,and a verandah facing the setting sun over the river, which is close enough to throw in a fishing line!
    Service....as the "hotel" isn't yet open it's hard to say what the service will be like in a country where English is not widespoken and the prevailling attitude is to only work as much as you need to .The saying is " too much work (and to much thinking) hurts the brain".Having said all that I saw nothing less than enthusiasm and politeness and very adequate service without people constantly hovering nearby
    Price......$700 a night...whoops...make that a week!
    No the price is $60-$120 U.S. a night . The "hotel"(it's better than a hotel) is aimed at the mid level market.It really combines lower end prices and middle to upper end facilities (free wi-fi,free pushbikes,free airport service,etc)with top end position and location .This without doubt is the best value hotel not only in Laos but in most of the world.
    I am not paid to write this,it's just the opinion of a well travelled first time visitor to this country.
    Simon

#1 Posted: 14/11/2008 - 15:49

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hanoi is amazing ! ... By foieslinger on 15 Jan 2010 12 3721 11 Mar 2010
Crab in Kep - AMAZING! ... By jessieo on 20 Jun 2009 0 1903 20 Jun 2009
Amazing Cave in Viet Nam ... By greenpearl on 10 Aug 2012 3 2199 12 Aug 2012
you lot are amazing... another itinerary request! ... By iciclesecret on 17 Jul 2008 2 1987 22 Jul 2008
AMAZING resort on Hat Rin Ko Phangan ... By charlottehessey on 20 Sep 2006 1 1838 21 Sep 2006
Basho's 5 Amazing Spider Encounters ... By basho on 23 Nov 2009 3 1742 14 Dec 2009
Accomodation in Luang Prabang during Pi Mai ... By ElSpudo on 4 Apr 2013 1 763 6 Apr 2013
Accomodation Luang Prabang ... By yowie on 19 Oct 2007 13 4975 14 Dec 2008
Viengvilay GH / TCK Amazing Tour in Vang Vieng ... By cpg on 1 Jun 2009 0 2707 1 Jun 2009
Accomodation in Luang Prabang and Vientiane ... By nicoleslaw on 5 Jan 2012 3 1408 10 Jan 2012