Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Flights from China

• Lyoungie

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2008

Hi again,

Thanks to all those who responded to my last post. I am convinced I want to go to Vientiane and/or Luang Prabang. I am traveling from Xiamen, China. I am afraid to travel to Bangkok because of the canceled flights. Does anyone have any affordable tips? I am looking to go Dec 20th.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 26/11/2008 - 15:12

• Advertisement

• heidihelm

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2008

There are flights from Kunming to VTE. I paid 3100 RMB roundtrip, ar 12/21, dep 1/3. This is on Lao air, cheaper than China Air (perhaps its another Chinese airline). To fly within China, I have had good luck using the ctrip website. Good prices, accepts int'l credit cards, decent customer service. You can also just use it to get the price and schedule and then use a travel agent.

#2 Posted: 16/12/2008 - 21:12

• chinabased

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2008

I recently purchased a flight for two via China Eastern Shanghai - Kunming - VTE one way. the cost was 7200 RMB leaving 12/23. Lao airways also works and based on my reading on the airline I'd also feel fine taking that. Bangkok may add extra expense. If you have time, you can consider a flight to Jinghong/Kunming then land entry into Laos with the routine bus route between China and Laos.

#3 Posted: 20/12/2008 - 02:10

• chinabased

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2008

flights returning to China (Kunming) from Vientiane are cheaper if purchased at Vientiane . When traveling from China, suggest purchasing a one-way ticket into Laos and then booking return travel when there.

#4 Posted: 5/1/2009 - 11:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.