Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Luang Prabang to Hue

• Keren21

Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2008

We are looking for the quickest, easiest and cheapest way to get from Luang Prabang to Hue. We were not planning on going any futher north in Vietnam as we are short for time.

Ive looked for flights but theyre hard to find and a bit out of our price range!

Is the easiest way a bus back down to Vientiane then across to the Lak Sao border?

Does anyone know how long this would take, or has anyone done it recently? Is the trip really as bad as Ive heard?

Thanks heaps!

#1 Posted: 10/12/2008 - 08:04

• Advertisement

• Giovanna

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2008
    Location Italy

Hi Karen, your question is very interesting for me too.
    We would like to make the inverse run: Hue - Lao Bao - Savannakhet then a little stop (2 days) in Tha Khaek and then up to Vientiane and Luang Prabang.
    I would like to know too: will the run be difficult?
    Thanks to everybody who will answer and give an opinion. :-)
    hope I have not post in the wrong discussion (maybe is better to open another one?)

ciao

giovanna

#2 Posted: 10/12/2008 - 13:45

• Keren21

Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2008

yeah, no im sure youve written in the same place!

It just sounds like you have more time on your hands. Id still like to know the quiest, most direct way to do it.
    Good luck in your travels!

#3 Posted: 10/12/2008 - 14:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flights from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang & Luang Prabang to Hanoi(V'nam)? ... By aussieboonmar on 8 Mar 2006 7 9385 19 Aug 2011