Pakse to Don Khon

• chrispyrolls

Click here to learn more about chrispyrolls
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

Hi,

What's the quickest way to get from Pakse to Don Khon?

Bus or car (possible to hire with driver?) to Ban Nakasang, then boat?... what would be the total travel time would you say? I have read around 3.5 hours max for the road bit, and 15 mins on the boat... do those times still sound correct?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 14/1/2009 - 19:58

• Advertisement

• chrispyrolls

Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

actually reading the info on DK it says that day trippers hit the place in the afternoon from Pakse ... so it can't be that too difficult / long...?

#2 Posted: 14/1/2009 - 22:21

• chrispyrolls

Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

and lastly... if i arrive in Pakse at 12:40 (flight from LP) what are the odds on making it to DK that day and getting set with a place to stay when I arrive? or should i just stay in Pakse the night?

thanks

#3 Posted: 14/1/2009 - 23:14

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Mr. Crispy,

The fastest way to get down there would be by hired taxi. The 2nd. fastest and less expensive option would be by minivan. These things seem to go regularly from the area near the Jasmine and Nazim restaurants. There are a few travel agents around there. You can arrange a ride through one of the restaurants, travel agents, hotel owner, or just about anyone else with a business. They all have signs posted with costs.

You probably could hire a driver and get down there in about 3 - 4 hours. If you do that, you might as well just hire someone at the airport and go straight from there, avoiding Pakse altogether. But, if you have to, it's not a bad place to spend an evening.

#4 Posted: 15/1/2009 - 23:44

• chrispyrolls

Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

Thanks Tilapia... would you happen to know the cost of the hired taxi? Or an educated guess?

#5 Posted: 16/1/2009 - 00:54

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

I think that it would cost you about U$30-U$40 for your own vehicle. A fully loaded minivan, on the other hand, would cost you about U$6-U$7, or less.

Don't quote me on that. It is just something that came up in conversation once while in Pakse ... at another table!

#6 Posted: 16/1/2009 - 04:58

• chrispyrolls

Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

cheers for that ...

#7 Posted: 16/1/2009 - 16:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
from Pakse to Champasak, Champasak to Don Khon ? ... By gromi1705 on 15 Jul 2008 2 6082 21 Jul 2008