Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Flying in to Vientiane and out again

Posted by ejwilson22 on 3/3/2009 at 05:16

I'm on a very short trip to Laos and am flying in to Vientiane with Air Asia from KL. Flight gets into Vientiane at 10.40 and then I want to catch the 11.50 plane straight to Luang Prabang. Really just wanted some thoughts on whether thats an easy transfer to make(immigration etc) or whether I should play safe and go for the 4ish plane? Quite tight flying back to Vientiane to get back to KL also. Are there many flight cancellations?

#1 ejwilson22 has been a member since 3/3/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 3/3/2009 at 07:28 admin

I don't think many cancellations, but your AirAsia flight wouldn't have to be running very late for you to miss that connection -- I've been on more than my fair share of late AA flights!

Sure Wattay (Vientiane's airport) is a blip of a place, but still -- I'd lean towards going for the 4pm flight and go hang out on the riverbank for an hour or so in Vientiane.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,502
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by agarlao on 3/3/2009 at 08:41

Are you sure your flight lands at 10.40?

A few months back, we checked on a guest's arrival time before picking them up and luckily found out in time that Air Asia had changed the schedule. In addition, all our recent arrivals on Air Asia from K.L. have landed at 09.40 a.m.

Suggest you check.

#3 agarlao has been a member since 13/6/2008. Posts: 30

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.