Flag of Laos

Laos forum

How debilitating is the wet season in the far South/ Bolaven??

• Travel forum
  • Laos
  • How debilitating is the wet season in the far South/ Bolaven??
  • autourdumon-
    de3232

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2009

Hi all!
    I'm planning on visiting Southern Laos in late June/ Early July, which is about a month or two in to the "wet season".

According to guide books "southern Laos and Cambodia" are the "exception" when it comes to the wet season not complicating travel.

I have grown to not fully trust guide books.. not only because they encompass a vast amount of information usually gathered by one single person in each region, but because they have liabilities that an individual does not when giving advice.

So, I'm back on TravelFish to find out,
    CAN I EFFECTIVELY TRAVEL IN THE DEEP SOUTH/ BOLAVEN AREA DURING THE WET SEASON???
    IF so, what are my strongest obstacles? limits? Impediments?

I plan to enter in Pakse and branch out from there.. Options on my table include but are not limited to;

Attapeu
    Salavan
    Sekong and
    Champassak provinces and their respective centres..

I am most interested in hikes, treks and overnights in hill tribe communities..
    And I will be trying to visit the plantations, waterfalls and National Parks in the area.

**Can anyone tell me if it will be veritably impossible for me to reach any of these places...
    or may anyone add any feedback in and of these places that could also help me narrow down my focus and slim down my options to real terms~?***

Any recommended guides? Preferred bases?

MANY THANKS!!

P.S>
    I will be traveling solo, economical and without schedule... and will continue on to Vietnam (hopefully via the Bao Y/ Yalakhuntum crossing) any reviews on the Attapeu-Bao Y/KonTum/Pleiku bus also?!
    haha THANKS!

#1 Posted: 2/4/2009 - 04:01

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.