Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Luang Prabang, back to Thailand

• SybilVane

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2009
    Location Argentina

Hello,
    I'm working on my itinerary for my trip in September and the forum threads are proving incredibly useful.

A lot has been said about the trip from Huay Xai to Luang Prabang . I still haven't decided, but I'll get there eventually.

Now the big question is, how do I get back? I don't have a lot of time to spend in Laos, and after Luang Prabang, I need to return to Thailand as quickly as possible, and it seems that a flight to Bangkok would be the best option.

At this point, the only destinations I would still need to visit are Cambodia and the south of Thailand. So the best game plan would be a flight back to Bangkok, then to Cambodia and back by land, then again from Bangkok to the islands in the South?

I hope that's not terribly confusing. What I'm basically asking is for the fastest way to make it from Luang Prabang to the very South of Thailand, considering that I need to stop in Cambodia (Siem Reap, Angkor, Phnom Penh).

Thanks in advance and I hope that did't give you a headache!

#1 Posted: 4/4/2009 - 15:51

• Advertisement

• SybilVane

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2009
    Location Argentina

I feel ridiculous replying to my own post, BUT...

I found there is a direct flight from Luang Prabang to Siem Reap.

So that would be better, right? From Luang Prabang to Siem Reap, see the area and then head to the South of Thailand by land (or by plane to Phuket if I can scrimp and save?)

#2 Posted: 4/4/2009 - 16:46

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Sounds like you're on top of it and really don't need much advice! If you need to save time, fly from LP to Siem Reap like you say. You can always look into plane tix from Phnomh Penh to BKK, then a flight (maybe Air Asia?) to Phuket from BKK. Getting from Phnomh Penh to BKK over land takes two to three days, and the trip from BKK to Phuket over land is another day. Don't know what your budget is like, but I would look into the cheap airlines - Air Asia, Jetstar, Tiger, Pacific - and see what they offer.

Good luck!

#3 Posted: 4/4/2009 - 21:06

• SybilVane

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2009
    Location Argentina

Thank you, DLuek! :)

#4 Posted: 5/4/2009 - 07:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Give something back in Luang Prabang ... By mosquitofeed on 7 Feb 2007 0 1613 7 Feb 2007
Vientiane to Luang Prabang and back ... By babiguling on 15 Apr 2010 5 2767 16 Apr 2010
Luang probang back to Thailand Islands? ... By patricialalonde on 18 Nov 2010 3 1522 19 Nov 2010
Flights from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang & Luang Prabang to Hanoi(V'nam)? ... By aussieboonmar on 8 Mar 2006 7 9497 19 Aug 2011
Luang Prabang to Thailand ... By viacc65 on 13 Feb 2009 7 4661 20 Feb 2009
thailand to luang prabang by boat ... By JAYDIN on 30 May 2011 2 3249 1 Jun 2011
Nan Province in Thailand to Luang Prabang? ... By weiz on 3 Jan 2012 5 2978 3 Dec 2012
THAILAND TO LUANG PRABANG BY BOAT ... By JAYDIN on 30 May 2011 2 3617 14 Jun 2011
The 1 Day Boat - Thailand to Luang Prabang ... By JakiDL on 16 Nov 2006 42 40707 11 Jul 2009