Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Overland Lao Bao crossing to Pakse

Posted by Cian on 23/5/2009 at 13:12

Hi guys,

first up, this is a great site.thanks for all the info.

Will be coming down through Vietnam through Laos via the crossing of Lao Bao. I'd like some advice on how to get to Pakse and maybe get an idea of how long it takes and road conditions? I want to expect the worst but still want an idea of what I'm letting myself in for :)

I'm guessing I'll have to join the highway 13 at Xeno. Is this the only way?

Thanks again

#1 Cian has been a member since 23/5/2009. Posts: 7

Posted by somtam2000 on 25/5/2009 at 09:48 admin

From Lao Bao, you'll be able to get a direct transport connection to Savannakhet, from where there are buses to Pakse . If you cross the border earlyish, you'll get to Pakse same day.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Cian on 25/5/2009 at 10:17

Thanks for that somtam, hopefully it won't be too much of a bumpy ride down to Pakse . Have you hear anything about the options of reaching Pakse via the Mekong. Would live to hear peoples opinions on which mode of travel is more comfortable.

Thanks

#3 Cian has been a member since 23/5/2009. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.