Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Nan to LP via Maung Ngoen

• apertyx

Joined Travelfish
    3rd June, 2009

Sorry about the fat fingers on the previous post.

Was wondering if anyone has made the crossing at Huay Kon/ Muang Ngoen from/to Nan LP in the past few months.

If so, please let me know.

thanks

#1 Posted: 5/6/2009 - 04:29

• Advertisement

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

not done it myself. but read an account by a Japanese who crossed on his own (independently, not part of any group) from Huay Kon (Nan) to Muang Ngeon (Laos) in Jan 2009 after this crossing was open to third nationals a few days after Christmas 2008. no VOA there but Japanese nationals get visa-free entry. http://gogoasia.exblog.jp/m2009-02-01/

#2 Posted: 5/6/2009 - 08:57

• markbek

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010

VOA now possible there no problem.
    Crossed it OK in April 2010

#3 Posted: 6/5/2010 - 02:49

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

#3:
    just to confirm (because i don't know your nationality), you mean VOA for Muang Ngoen, right? which way did you cross, from Thailand into Laos or the other way round?

(i exited Laos & entered Thailand at this border in December 2009; info on public transport for crossing in this direction - see Muang Ngeun section here)

#4 Posted: 6/5/2010 - 09:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.