Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Luang Prabang to Siem Reap by air?

Posted by SybilVane on 5/6/2009 at 13:05

Hello all,

I'll be in Thailand/Laos/Cambodia this October, and I'm trying to figure out the quickest way to go from Luang Prabang to Siem Reap.

Apparently the only direct flight is with Lao Airlines, but their website quotes USD 220.

I hear Vietnam Airlines also flies from Luang Prabang to Siem Reap, however that route is not listed on their website.

Does anybody have experience with Vietnam Airlines? How do their prices compare to other airlines? I'm not looking for luxury at all, I just need to get there.

Thank you!

#1 SybilVane has been a member since 4/4/2009. Location: Argentina. Posts: 10

Posted by SybilVane on 5/6/2009 at 13:12

Now I see a flight from Luang Prabang to Siem Reap (Vietnam Airlines), but it won't quote a price and that's not a good sign.

#2 SybilVane has been a member since 4/4/2009. Location: Argentina. Posts: 10

Posted by brucemoon on 5/6/2009 at 13:53

Sybil

I can't see a LP - SR flight with Vietnam Airlines.

The prices with LaoAir will be high.

Whichever country you're now in, try talking to a travel agent as laoAir are a full priced carrier.

Cheers

#3 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.