Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Guesthouse for family of 4

• pia2am

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2009
    Location Denmark

Hi all

We are a family of 4, kids aged 5 and 8, travelling to Laos. Spending time in Vientiane, Vang Vieng and Luang Prabang around christmas and new year 2009.

Can anyone recommend some nice, family- and budget friendly guesthouses? Around $25

I have read many of the rewievs here on travelfish, but most places only have double rooms.

Thanks in advance.

Pia

#1 Posted: 8/6/2009 - 19:43

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Pia

I wrote about this somewhere else on Travelfish.

Basically, the writers on accommodation here (and elsewhere, for that matter) write for singles and doubles - not families.

That doesn't mean that the accommodation provider doesn't have family options.

So, if you like the look of some offerings, contact them via email and ask what they have to offer / or can do for you.

For example, My wife & I stayed at Zuela GH in Luang Nam Tha (it's not on Travelfish, but is the best Gh in Nam Tha). They offer single beds and double rooms. But they do also have a family room as we stayed in it.

Hope this helps

cheers

#2 Posted: 13/6/2009 - 13:24

• pia2am

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2009
    Location Denmark

Thanks a lot. I think I´ll do that.

#3 Posted: 15/6/2009 - 23:05

• smartlyndy

Joined Travelfish
    7th May, 2009

piazam

I stayed with my husband and son at the Chantanhoume Guesthouse in Luang Prabang in 2007. We were there in the wet season and it cost $8 per night for a really nice, clean room with 2 double beds and private bathroom with hot shower. It will cost quite a bit more than that in the high season but should still be within your range.

#4 Posted: 19/6/2009 - 14:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Guesthouse for family of 4 ... By pia2am on 8 Jun 2009 3 1144 9 Jun 2009
Family Guesthouse Sapa ... By jhoebergen on 5 Feb 2007 0 2147 5 Feb 2007
Guesthouse accomodation Siem Reap for a family of 4. ... By coopsnpeps on 27 Mar 2010 4 3040 16 Nov 2010