Laos forum

Lao Airlines & ECCR

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Over the past couple of years, Travelfish observers have pondered whether purchase of Lao Iar tickets is best via the 'official' site (with all the hassles that that entails) or through the (apparently cheaper) agency located in France.

Note that Lao Air are stating on their website that their relationship with the French 'agent' has been terminated:

http://www.laoairlines.com/

It would be a brave person that now booked online through lao-airlines.com.

Cheers

#1 Posted: 30/6/2009 - 10:17

• Advertisement

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

LA had a disclaimer about a year ago that the french guy wasn't paying money owed to the airline.
    I wouldn't book on his site anyway as it is blatant misrepresentaion.

#2 Posted: 30/6/2009 - 13:48

• CunningMcFar

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2004
    Total reviews: 45

laos-airlines.com still up and running as of now, will be interesting to see how ECCR characterizes the split. It looks like they have added new info to the "about us" page, outlining the actual relationship they have had with Lao Air as an agent, but no mention of the newly terminated relationship: www.laos-airlines.com/about_us.htm

#3 Posted: 30/6/2009 - 21:25

• christay2009

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

I'm trying to book a flight at the moment using Laoairlines.com but the 'book now' button doesn't work!!! or at least nothing happens when i click on it

any ideas?

#4 Posted: 30/6/2009 - 21:57

• CunningMcFar

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2004
    Total reviews: 45

#4: try using Internet Explorer to access the site; the booking feature does not seem to function with some of the other browsers (FireFox, Safari, etc)

#5 Posted: 30/6/2009 - 22:43

• nanzhao

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2010

Not to muddy the waters, but my family and I bought tickets from Siem Reap-Luang Prabang-Vientiane-Kunming (three legs on separate days spread over a 10 day period) through ECCR/lao-airlines.com without incident for a price substantially cheaper than the one quoted to us through Air Lao's official office here in Kunming. So the picture remains unclear to say the least.

#6 Posted: 16/2/2010 - 21:10

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

nanzhao, there are two pints here.
    Firstly the Lao Airline site still states that bookings with ECCR may not be honoured.
    Secondly, if your family is willing to deal with an organisation that is not above board and does not pay its bills, then that is fine for you. For some of us there are things more important than money.

#7 Posted: 17/2/2010 - 07:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.