Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Optons in South Laos for someone on Krutches

• sacott

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2009

I an currently in Vinetine on a 5 week trip covering Laos and Thailand. A mate and I were planning to spend a week travelling to and looking around Southern Laos from tomorrow however I broke my leg in Vang Vieng.

Wondering if anyone can offer an opinion of whether it is worth going to south Laos on Krutches not being able to walk around very much. Was really looking forward to walking, homestays, swimming and motorbike exploring but I guess those things are out now.

Cheers

#1 Posted: 14/7/2009 - 22:12

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Having a broken leg would make things like Konglor cave pretty difficult, but I'd imagine laying in a hammock by the river would be just what the doctor ordered -- in which case Don Dhet Don Khon etc and Champassak would all be ok. You need to get a boat to these places, but I wouldn't think that would be too much work.

#2 Posted: 15/7/2009 - 09:21

• HoangDJ

Click here to learn more about HoangDJ
    Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2009
    Location Vietnam

sacott, since yesterday, I've read your topic of asking about another cheaper and common bike, then today you broke your leg. Poor you.

I think good option for you are bus or boat. Go along Mekong River is also great. Or even discover Vientiane, eating out near by the river and stuffs. Both Pakse and Champasak is too far for you to go.

t

#3 Posted: 15/7/2009 - 10:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.