Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Upcoming Travel

• nevermore93

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2009

I'm preparing an open ended trip to SE Asia with Laos being the main focus on my travels. I'm no stranger to getting around in other countries and pretty good at making friends and connections. I'm planning to fly into Bangkok and then make my way to Vientiane. From there, I'll try to hit the ground running as I always do. Not recommended, but it's just a personal preference. Some of my best trips started in the middle of nowhere and ended up someplace really cool. But I digress.

My question is on the electrical situation there. Initial research tells me that they run on 230V, but I've been fooled before on other travels. The only device I need is my laptop which runs on 120 or 230. I left all my converters in China to make more room from "trinkets" on my last trip. Maybe not the best choice.

Also, I would love to meet any expats or tourists in Vientiane. I'll buy dinner for the chance to speak a little english.

Sorry for writing a book, it's been a slow sunday.

#1 Posted: 20/7/2009 - 07:38

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

The electrics won't be a problem. Your laptop is dual, and anything else will just work slower on 110 vs 240 If configured for 240 - otherwise get a 240 to 110 adaptor).

Cheers

#2 Posted: 20/7/2009 - 08:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.