Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Bus journey duration

• Missis

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Hello. Could anyone guide me on how long it takes to travel from Siem Reap and Phnom Penh to Bangkok by road? I am thinking of the bus mainly. Thanks.

#1 Posted: 6/8/2009 - 20:40

• Advertisement

• CunningMcFar

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2004
    Total reviews: 45

overland journey between Seam Reap and Bangkok can be done in about 8 hrs, with highway now completely sealed between Poipet and Seam Reap.
    Details here on TF:
    www.travelfish.org/feature/71
    and on Tales of Asia:
    www.talesofasia.com/cambodia-overland.htm

#2 Posted: 7/8/2009 - 01:29

• Missis

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

That's great, thank you. I had already read the details you linked, however we are going Siem Reap to Bangkok so not sure if the information is going to be the same? I have also read http://www.travelfish.org/getting-around-cambodia.php and will probably go with one of the bus companies listed. From what I can see there are fewer scams going from Cambodia to Thailand?

As it is 8 hours from Siem Reap to Bangkok then we'll probably give Phnom Penh a miss!

#3 Posted: 7/8/2009 - 01:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.