Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Gibbon Experience questions

Posted by ozinasia on 17/9/2009 at 07:02

Hi,

I'm planning to spend 2 nights at the Gibbon Experience in January 2010. Couple of quick questions.

1.What is the best way to get there from Huay Xai?

2. How much will it cost to spend 2 nights there?

Thanks!

#1 ozinasia has been a member since 17/9/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/9/2009 at 07:40 admin

There is a story on the GibbonX here: http://www.travelfish.org/feature/46

The official website is here: http://www.gibbonx.org/

I'm not sure what the latest costs are -- suggest you contact them by email and see what they have to say.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by dedwood on 17/9/2009 at 10:23

Hi

I am in the process of booking and paying for the Gibbon Experience now.

1. You get to Huay Xai the night before and 'check in' with them. The next morning they take you up to their spot in the Bokeo reserve. You only need to worry about getting the Huay Xai the night before.

2. The price I was quote was 160 euros per person.

Hope this helps.

I have a question for whoever else has done this - whats the best route after the experience finishes to Luang Prabang ? Not too keen on taking the slow boat. Would bus to Luang Nam Tha and then to Luang Prabang be the best option?

#3 dedwood has been a member since 6/9/2009. Posts: 8

Posted by wanderingcat on 17/9/2009 at 21:14

#3:
I have a question for whoever else has done this - whats the best route after the experience finishes to Luang Prabang ? Not too keen on taking the slow boat. Would bus to Luang Nam Tha and then to Luang Prabang be the best option?

IMHO getting to Luang Prabang via Luang Namtha is more interesting than the Mekong slowboat. quite a few possibilities can be worked out for the non-Mekong route...how many days do you have to spare, what time of the year will you be there, & what interests you?

#4 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Posted by pillz on 24/9/2009 at 22:24

Pola is the person at Gibbon Experience to contact. He's been infinitely helpful. I've got a lot of information on getting to Huay Xai from him.

I will be taking a bus from Chiang Khong in Thailand over to Huay Xai come End November (as suggested by Pola).

#5 pillz has been a member since 8/6/2009. Posts: 7

Posted by manotone on 17/11/2009 at 01:53

hi everyone,

Can someone confirm if it's possible to catch the bus to Luang Prabang the same day you finish the Gibbon Exp or do we need to wait for next day bus?

thank again for all your precious information

#6 manotone has been a member since 17/11/2009. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.