Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Luang Prabang Lodging

• 44cuse

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2009

Hi All and thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. I am travelling to Luang Prabang from Chiang Mai tomorrow and was hoping to get some lodging recommendations.

I was a bit surprised by the mid-range pricing but that will not stop me from going. Looking for Air Con room with good proximity to everything. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

44cuse

#1 Posted: 18/9/2009 - 13:09

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

There's stacks of listings in the Luang Prabang and Chiang Mai sections on Travelfish -- probably a good starting point.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 18/9/2009 - 13:46

• 44cuse

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2009

Somtam-

Thanks for the quick response. Perhaps I should have caveated that post with: "I have been through all the detail on the Travelfish site" (spent nearly 3 hours this AM. Yes, there is some very good information there, but I am looking for something supplemental to that.

That was the reason for my post in the Forum section. In the future I will take care to include whether I have or have not had the chance to review the information already included.

Given the info on the site (and your presence as an Admin) do you have any particular personal information on any of the places listed that might help further my decision on where to stay? I am not in any way questioning the objectivity of the site, in fact, I have found it to be very good and am also purchasing the Laos .ppt guide later today so I will have that. Great site...just hoping for additional individual info as well.

44cuse

#3 Posted: 18/9/2009 - 13:54

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Ahh ok, no prob. You may also find this story of interest:
    http://www.travelfish.org/feature/56

It's a round up of some of the good places there, but yes, perhaps others will have more useful tips.

Cheers

#4 Posted: 18/9/2009 - 14:00

• robmacca

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2009

Just wondered if Bruce Moon is around for some advice.

My wife and I will be leaving friends in Vientiane and heading South to Pakse and Champasak. They are into 5 star we just enjoy the stars. We'd like to do some trekking in the Bolaven Plateau, visit Dong Hua Sao NPA and Phu Xieng Thong NPA, then finish by veging out in the Four Thousand Islands. Any recommendations on how to get from Vientiane to Pakse (bus or plane) places to stay and reputable local tour operators would be greatly appreciated. Also any preference for which islands to stay on (I've done some research: appartently Don Khon g is for easy going travellers, Don Det for backpackers, and Don Khon lies somewhere between the two. Is this correct?

We had a great time in Vietnam and Cambodia last year doing our own thing and would like the same experience in Laos, a place we are unfamiliar with.

#5 Posted: 25/9/2009 - 07:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flights from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang & Luang Prabang to Hanoi(V'nam)? ... By aussieboonmar on 8 Mar 2006 7 9592 19 Aug 2011