Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Laos in October

• kirstenc

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2009

Hi,
    We are traveling through Laos in October and have heard it can be quite wet at this time of year. We are starting in Vientiane, taking a bus to vang vieng & then on to Lang Prabang and maybe some treking. Will the roads be passable or should we change our itinerary & investigate the possibilities of boat travel?

#1 Posted: 30/9/2009 - 04:31

• Advertisement

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

All the roads are hard surface so not a problem traveling.

Trekking might be . . . damp. And then again it might not be too rainy at all. Like they say, "some cows got horns, others don't" Boats everywhere are much reduced because of roads and busses.

I like the rainy season, things are green, less crowded, and good fish in the market.

#2 Posted: 30/9/2009 - 06:32

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

Apart from the tail end of the typhoon today, October is getting closer to the end of the rainy season anyway. As Somsai says, the roads are fine. I am driving up that way myself on Saturday.

#3 Posted: 30/9/2009 - 07:22

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Man, that typhoon is just dumping continual rain... I hate when those thigns come through. I don't mind rain - but ceaseless rain that lasts for days I hate. Last night coming back from Ralph's (playing chess) I got soaked. And the rain was damn cold too. Oh well, the sun don't shine on the same dogs ass every afternoon.

#4 Posted: 30/9/2009 - 12:30

• christay2009

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

i am in Luang Nam tha now....its good. The weather is great for me, its hot but cloudy and with a breeze. No rain as of yet.

#5 Posted: 30/9/2009 - 15:50

• kirstenc

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2009

Thanks all. Sounds like travel will be good. Hope the typhoon didn't hit too hard.

#6 Posted: 2/10/2009 - 03:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.