Flag of Laos

Laos forum

ATV/Jeep Rental Pakse

• bass_ke

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2009

Hi There guys,

Just wondering if any of you have any experience with Quad bike and/or Jeep (little suzuki, Thai Style) rental in Pakse?

My wife and I would love to get ourselves around parts of the south but neither of us have ridden on two wheels a lot.

I've checked out Jules rental in Vientiane but he doesn't have too much available for the dates we'll be around

Cheer's
    Nate

#1 Posted: 8/11/2009 - 21:25

• Advertisement

• lwieland

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2009

I'd also like to know the same or if you can hire a car in Pakse?

#2 Posted: 20/11/2009 - 09:41

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Yes you can hire cars in Pakse but they tend to come with driver. I'm not sure about being able to rent one without a driver.

#3 Posted: 20/11/2009 - 12:19

• lwieland

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2009

Thanks for that. DO you have any details? I.e. reasonable prices, where to hire from, are there drivers who are happy to hang around for a few days?

#4 Posted: 20/11/2009 - 15:05

• christay2009

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

i'm fairly certain two of my friends hired an air conditioned mini-van with driver from Pakse tourism office but i'm not 100% sure it was Pakse. Even so, you would think govt tourism office prices might be roughly similar; they paid $40 a day for travel within that province.

They actually then spent a good deal of time trying to track down and negotiate the use of driver and bus all the way to Vientiane. They eventually ended up paying $60 a day once outside of the province in which they rented the vehicle. Additionally they had to ensure that there was enough petrol for the driver to get back from Vientiane.

Hope that helps abit

#5 Posted: 29/11/2009 - 01:56

• robmacca

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2009

We hired a 90cc motor bike in Pakse and drove to Champasak and the Bolaven Plateau. Also hire one on Don Khong. I ride a bicycle regularly but hadn't ridden a motor bike for years. Apart from Pakse town which is a litlle hairy but fine if you ride slow and keep aware it was a breeze. Outside of Pakse the traffic thinned out and we shared the road with other bikes and the odd tourist bus. The freedom the bike gives you is worth the worry. And compared to the rest of Asia, Laos is deserted.

#6 Posted: 5/12/2009 - 21:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Jeep rental - Samui ... By time2fly on 31 Mar 2012 4 1419 1 Apr 2012
Jeep / Quad rental on Ko Phangan for 7+ days ... By alt on 20 Dec 2011 3 3273 21 Dec 2011
Car Rental in Laos (Pakse) ... By Sethlake on 21 Dec 2010 3 4383 3 Feb 2014
Motorcycle rental in Pakse ... By scomoore1 on 5 Mar 2008 26 12143 1 Dec 2009