admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I've not had time to take a close look at this yet, but there is a new website out focused on hua Phan province -- in particular Vieng Xai -- you can see the website here: http://www.visit-viengxay.com

Hope of interest!

#1 Posted: 20/11/2009 - 12:25

• Advertisement

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

I read a short article by one of the state news agencies saying they projected something like 2500 visitors to Huaphan over the next 5 years. Works out to be one or two per day or about 1/1000 of what passes through Luang Prabang/Vang Vien/Vientiane.

The map is best I've seen of Huaphan (short list there). If I ever go back to Laos a return to the province is on my to do list. I did one of those "take the bus through" sojourns last year. Spent 3 days in Sam Nua freezing and sleeping off a fever.

Such a big province, so few roads.

#2 Posted: 20/11/2009 - 20:24

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

Thank you - of much interest!

#3 Posted: 21/11/2009 - 11:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.