Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Does anyone know the correct information for Mixay GH Vientiane?

• suswati37

Click here to learn more about suswati37
    Joined Travelfish
    21st November, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Hi there,

I was wondering if you could help me out as I am trying to book with Mixay GH in Vientiane, but the contact number given on every website seems to be wrong. I dialled +856 212260, and had a very polite man tell me that everyone keeps dialling his number asking for a guesthouse, and that the websites are wrong. Agh. Any idea, as I will travelling VERY soon.

Cheers

#1 Posted: 5/12/2009 - 15:02

• Advertisement

• christay2009

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

i raved about this place, as you may have read...

Definately a great budget [or even flash] place to stay but i'm not sure you need to book. I just turned up and got a bed, although that might be easier to do if you're after a dorm bed.

I actually had their card but unfortunately gave it to someone in Auyttaya as he was heading there. If you go and they are full try the next street along [when facing Mixay, go left toward the river, then right, then the first right] and there is a place called 'my lao home' or Lao home or something similar. It is very new looking at right at the end of that road [away from the river]. I went back to one of the rooms and it was clean, ensuite and had a decent fan. It is more expensive but depending on how many nights you are in Vientiane you could just stay the night. A fine alternative nearby.

#2 Posted: 6/12/2009 - 02:50

• christay2009

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

p.s. If you go toward the river from Mixay and take a right, keep walking past the night market [clothing, necklaces etc] there are lots of fairly decent BBQ places. The BBQ fish was excellent and exactly the same in two places along there that i had it...

#3 Posted: 6/12/2009 - 02:52

• christay2009

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

AHH ME AGAIN

phone number [from www.bug.co.uk]

Tel (021) 262210

#4 Posted: 6/12/2009 - 02:54

• suswati37

Click here to learn more about suswati37
    Joined Travelfish
    21st November, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Thanks a bunch! That is very helpful. Im staying 3 nights and am on a tight budget aka Mixay style haha. That was the number I used from bug.co.uk, but got the polite man telling me someone posted his number all over the net instead of Mixay Gh, haha. I am definitely going to look into those BBQ places, yummy. Cheers!!!

#5 Posted: 6/12/2009 - 15:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.