Flag of Laos

Laos forum

22 Days HCMC to Vientiane

• Nachojon

Joined Travelfish
    9th December, 2009

I am planning a 22 day trip in SE Asia. I will be flying into HCMC on Dec. 25th and out of Vientiane, Laos on Jan. 16th. Other than definitely spending the first portion of the trip up to New Years with friends in Vietnam I am pretty open about the rest of the journey which I will be doing solo. I have a rough itinerary, any suggestions/ comments would be much appreciated.

Dec. 25 - Jan. 1 Vietnam

Jan. 1-2 Bus from HCMC to Phnom Penh
    -arrange Lao visa
    -explore PP

Jan. 5 Phom Penh to Siem Riep by bus.
    - Angkor Wat etc.

Jan. 9-10 Siem Riep to 4,000 Islands

Jan. 12 Overnight bus from Paske to Vientiene

Jan. 12-16? Luang Prabang ?

I would like to make it to Luang Prabang but it seems like my itinerary is already a bit rushed. Any suggestions on lengthening/ shortening any sections of my trip to either allow/ rule out Luang Prabang?

Thanks again.

#1 Posted: 9/12/2009 - 06:41

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Both Hanoi and Saigon have nice little Salsa scenes. Beyond that I am afraid I am not much help. I can give you the links if you are interested. A friend of mine, Do Sao Mai, dances in Hanoi and she's both a great dancer and a class act.

#2 Posted: 10/12/2009 - 09:41

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Looks doable to me -- I'd be inclined to take a day or two off Angkor and all them to your time in Laos -- just so it is spread out a bit more evenly.

#3 Posted: 10/12/2009 - 11:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.