Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Sending packages to Laos

• allskillbill

Joined Travelfish
    15th December, 2009

I'd like to send some items to a family member in Laos and was wondering if this is going to be to costly. We were planning to ship some items home from Laos but decided to check in with luggage after learning it was going to cost $150 for 6.2kg. If anyone has experience with shipping items to Laos, can you please share any advice for dependability and so I don't brake the bank. Thanks!

#1 Posted: 15/12/2009 - 03:13

• Advertisement

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

My packages have always gotten there but have always had to pay a "fee" at the other end.

Cost is outrageous. I think I sent 2 kilos for $35 recently, by boat of course. If you have another family member going you should max out the baggage allowance. Originating or terminating in the US has much higher baggage allowance as long as items are checked through.

I'm sure you know but I'll say anyway. I'd be extremely carefull carrying anything out of Laos for freinds of family.

#2 Posted: 15/12/2009 - 07:08

• jamesdueeast

Joined Travelfish
    18th February, 2013

I want my sister to send me my mobile phone from her home in the U.S. I know I can buy a cheap phone in Laos but I want this specific one. Is is possible to send to Laos from USA using USPS? Is it expensive (for example, in comparison to sending to China from the USA), are there extra "fees" incurred, silly import duties (even on used products)? And how reliable is it in successfully receiving it? Are some places in Laos more reliable than others? Cheers.

#3 Posted: 20/2/2013 - 23:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Sending Mail from Laos ... By tlm44 on 23 Jan 2009 7 5384 2 Mar 2009
Sending a box from Laos to Canda ... By photosyntheze on 26 Nov 2012 1 589 26 Nov 2012