Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Laos - 3 weeks with Tiger Trails

• derek_j_buc-
    hanan

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

We have just returned from a superb 3 week trip fully organized by Tiger Trails. We had 2 separate 4 day treks organised by them in Vien Phouka and Phongsali followed by a drive across the north taking in various towns and sights enroute to The Plain of Jars then Luang Prabang and finally Vientienne.

Tiger Trails and our guide "La" were excellent. When we first booked, I like others was slightly hesitant about transferring cash but was able to pay by Mastercard in the end giving me the peace of mind I needed. There seems to be an unresolved technical issue with Mastercard which I hope will get sorted as it does lead to uncertainty.

The two treks were homestays - 1st one was a real culture shock but the experience fantastic. We used boats and cars to get around and everything went as smooth as silk.

We have no hesitation in recommending Tiger Trails.

A couple of pieces of advice - a light fleece is not enough in the north at this time of year unlike Lonely P suggest and Kip are a must rather than dollars. We also took compact summer sleeping bags on the treks and we needed them.

Finally, watch the Night Market in Luang Prabang - it's the only place we found the people to be a little less honest: minor things like being given the wrong change, 5 of something when you asked for and paid for 6.

D&E

#1 Posted: 17/12/2009 - 17:46

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Tiger Trails ... By Intrepid82 on 23 Jul 2009 2 1654 23 Jul 2009
tiger trails.. any good ?? ... By muskey on 22 Mar 2012 0 773 22 Mar 2012
Tiger Trails - Elephant Park Experience ... By ilovebdt on 24 Jun 2007 8 2711 7 Jul 2007