Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Laos - 3 weeks with Tiger Trails

Posted by derek_j_buchanan on 17/12/2009 at 17:46

We have just returned from a superb 3 week trip fully organized by Tiger Trails. We had 2 separate 4 day treks organised by them in Vien Phouka and Phongsali followed by a drive across the north taking in various towns and sights enroute to The Plain of Jars then Luang Prabang and finally Vientienne.

Tiger Trails and our guide "La" were excellent. When we first booked, I like others was slightly hesitant about transferring cash but was able to pay by Mastercard in the end giving me the peace of mind I needed. There seems to be an unresolved technical issue with Mastercard which I hope will get sorted as it does lead to uncertainty.

The two treks were homestays - 1st one was a real culture shock but the experience fantastic. We used boats and cars to get around and everything went as smooth as silk.

We have no hesitation in recommending Tiger Trails.

A couple of pieces of advice - a light fleece is not enough in the north at this time of year unlike Lonely P suggest and Kip are a must rather than dollars. We also took compact summer sleeping bags on the treks and we needed them.

Finally, watch the Night Market in Luang Prabang - it's the only place we found the people to be a little less honest: minor things like being given the wrong change, 5 of something when you asked for and paid for 6.

D&E

#1 derek_j_buchanan has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.