Flag of Laos

Laos forum

From Vientiane to Lak Xao to Vinh to Hanoi

• dispoiler

Joined Travelfish
    26th November, 2009

Many appologies if this is only going over previously covered ground..but my head is spinning from all the links and posts and link and posts and messages and posts. I must have read about 200 already!

Ive heard it is the bus from hell, but my intention is to travel from Vientiane to Lak Xao and stop for a day or two cross the border and move on to Vinh for a few days and then onto Hanoi. I really want to see the scenery and Im not really looking to fly, but the conditions that I keep reading about do concern me slightly..

Does anyone have any comments on this plan? Or any suggestions about travel times between each point?

Is there a better more scenic way to get from Vientiane to Hanoi?

Thanks a million in advance

#1 Posted: 11/1/2010 - 23:11

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
vinh to vientiane ... By elsuave on 8 Mar 2014 1 693 19 Mar 2014
Vientiane to Vinh Bus Advice ... By book_reader1 on 5 Apr 2012 3 4149 7 Apr 2012
Vientiane > Vinh > Ho Chi Minh (transportation mode advice) ... By mukapecah8 on 25 Aug 2010 3 5105 25 Aug 2010