Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Flights into Laos- Best way?

Posted by Karlap on 3/2/2010 at 11:15

Hello!

I will be in Chiang Mai around the 19th of March and am planning on heading to Luang Prabang. Unfortunately I do not think I have the time to take the slow boat and I'm a bit afraid of the fast boat. With that said- I was wondering if anyone has experience with booking flights to Luang Prabang. I have looked up the price on the Laos airlines website.

Would it be best for me to book in advance through the website or is it just the same to book while I am in Chiang Mai. Does anyone know of another way to book the flight that is not through the website. Thanks in advance for any advice!

#1 Karlap has been a member since 5/10/2009. Posts: 12

Posted by Captain_Bob on 4/2/2010 at 02:46

Laos Airlines website http://www.laoairlines.com one-way CNX-LPQ price for this period is $162 (about 5346 baht). My better half here in Chiang Mai is a travel agent and have this flight for around 4800 baht (about $145) so it's one case where a travel agent has a fare cheaper than the website. We book flights through the Charal Group office on Chiang Moi road near the Wararot market (Chiang Mai's Chinatown). So try there or check prices in town. Could save you a few bucks but not a lot. Late March is shoulder season so seats should be available with a few days notice.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,824

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.