Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Flights into Laos- Best way?

• Karlap

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2009

Hello!

I will be in Chiang Mai around the 19th of March and am planning on heading to Luang Prabang. Unfortunately I do not think I have the time to take the slow boat and I'm a bit afraid of the fast boat. With that said- I was wondering if anyone has experience with booking flights to Luang Prabang. I have looked up the price on the Laos airlines website.

Would it be best for me to book in advance through the website or is it just the same to book while I am in Chiang Mai. Does anyone know of another way to book the flight that is not through the website. Thanks in advance for any advice!

#1 Posted: 3/2/2010 - 11:15

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Laos Airlines website http://www.laoairlines.com one-way CNX-LPQ price for this period is $162 (about 5346 baht). My better half here in Chiang Mai is a travel agent and have this flight for around 4800 baht (about $145) so it's one case where a travel agent has a fare cheaper than the website. We book flights through the Charal Group office on Chiang Moi road near the Wararot market (Chiang Mai's Chinatown). So try there or check prices in town. Could save you a few bucks but not a lot. Late March is shoulder season so seats should be available with a few days notice.

#2 Posted: 4/2/2010 - 02:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.