Flag of Laos

Laos forum

How wet is Laos in August/September?

• Geezy

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2009

Hello fellow travellers

I am plannning a 3 week trip to Laos through Thailand this year around late August/Early september. Holidays from my day job. I am gonna travel from Bangkok up North and across the border into Laos for most of the trip. Just wondering if 3 weeks is enough because ive heard that it gets very wet and travelling there is extremely slow at the best of times

Can any of you wonderful seasoned travellers provide any insights?

#1 Posted: 9/2/2010 - 20:13

• Advertisement

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

Depends. In 2009 the wet season was just about over at the end of September. Usually though it runs well into October. Yes, you can expect rain and lots of thunderstorms. Travelling around Vientiane, Luang Prabang and Pakse is ok. The outlying areas might be a bit difficult.

#2 Posted: 10/2/2010 - 07:36

• Geezy

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2009

Thanks Rufus. Much appreciated

#3 Posted: 11/2/2010 - 15:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia August - September - 36/m solo ... By Trainsmash on 17 Jul 2012 0 1388 17 Jul 2012
Tag Along! Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia - August 22nd - September 20th. ... By angfonz on 3 Aug 2009 1 2407 3 Aug 2009
august 12th - september 16th. diving, laos, vietnam and cambodia ... By Stoops on 10 Aug 2011 2 1629 13 Aug 2011