Laos forum

Nice article on UXO in Laos and the women who tackle it

• christay2009

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/article7036794.ece

It was published in todays edition of The Times in the UK within the separate pull out supplement. I've noticed SE Asia getting more attention in the press recently, last week was a 4 page article, again in a Times supplement, on Cambodia's upper class, in particular, the high life enjoyed by their children.

#1 Posted: 24/2/2010 - 00:03

• Advertisement

• smallhouse

Joined Travelfish
    24th February, 2010

That was a good read.Are the danger zones clearly marked? . I'm off on my first visit to lao this may and dont want to die just yet.

#2 Posted: 24/2/2010 - 13:52

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Unless you plan on walking cross country then it's pretty safe (not counting the 500 pound bomb that was stored in the old police station in Savankhet and went off while I was in the Muk indochin market. That got my attention. Fortunately the police station was already abandoned and no one got hurt.

#3 Posted: 24/2/2010 - 18:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.