Flag of Laos

Laos forum

To Don Dhet from Siem Reap, how long?

• Indoluso

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Hello!

Can anybody tell me how much time does it take to go from Siem Reap to Don Dhet? Do I really need to go down to Phnom Penh and then up again through Kratie and Stung Treng? This will happen in the rainy season...

Thanks in advance for your reaplies!

#1 Posted: 24/2/2010 - 21:52

• Advertisement

• jasonkim8486

Click here to learn more about jasonkim8486
    Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2009
    Location United States

yes, i beleive you must pass through the capital. from phnom penh to the lao border is roughly 6-7 hours depending on the driver and road conditions. and the border crossing/ visa took about 1 hour. however depending on the company you take, you may or may not have to pass through kratie and stung treng. the bus i took stopped by kratie just to drop off 2 ppl and we were quickly on the move again.

#2 Posted: 25/2/2010 - 06:01

• Indoluso

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Ok, thanks alot for your information!

Cheers!

#3 Posted: 25/2/2010 - 15:45

• dano_b

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2009
    Total reviews: 5

I took the bus from Siem Reap to Don Det and did not have to go all the way down to Phnom Penh. We went as far as Kampong Cham and transfered buses there. The whole ride, from Siem Reap til we arrived in Don Det was about 12 hours, including stop for lunch and in a few cities along the way to drop off/pick-up others. We spent less than an hour at the border.

#4 Posted: 3/3/2010 - 07:48

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Yes there is bus service from Siem Reap which connects with another bus at/near the town of Skuon, then north through Kratie which IMO makes a good stopping point. You can probably make the border in one long day though if you start really early.

#5 Posted: 5/3/2010 - 16:22

• rubykor

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2010

hi, dano_b.

Thanks for the info.

I am just wondering how much it cost to get the bus ticket from siem reap to don det.
    and can you tell me where you got the ticket from as well, please?

#6 Posted: 21/3/2010 - 02:47

• Indoluso

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Great news!

Cheers!

#7 Posted: 21/3/2010 - 02:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Long stay accommodation or apartment in Siem Reap ... By KirstyB on 12 Jan 2010 2 7262 22 Jun 2012
cambodian visa from Siem Reap Intl Airport - how long does it take ... By lindaparry on 3 Oct 2007 2 5185 3 Oct 2007
Long-term English Language Teaching Volunteer Wanted in Siem Reap ... By mrdome on 22 Apr 2011 2 4259 25 Apr 2011