Flag of Laos additions

Laos additions forum

Cooking Class in Vientiane

• morven

Joined Travelfish
    19th March, 2011

We show visitors to Vientiane Lao style cooking in the garden by the Mekong River. The garden is in a quiet area of Vientiane where you can watch Lao life pass by.
    You will make a variety of popular Lao dishes and use the freshest ingredients. Using traditional cooking implements and cooking methods provides the perfect photo opportunity.
    We limit our Lao cooking classes to a maximum of six people so you get the opportunity to interact with our Lao cooking instructor and further enhance your knowledge of local people and their culture.
    If you'd like to slow down and relax in the capital, the staff at Lao Experiences looks forward to creating a memorable experience for you.
    Website: [url=http://www.lao-experiences@hotmail]www.lao-experiences@hotmail[/url] Email: lao-experiences@hotmail.com
    In Vientiane book at the Full Moon Cafe in the Riverside Precinct

#1 Posted: 21/3/2011 - 19:12

• Advertisement

• catherineo7

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2011

I have been into Vientiane so long and this is my first time for a cooking class. But this is not only cooking; here is a lovely, quiet retreat, by the Mekong and lunch in the garden with Monks chanting in the nearby temple. The Lao cooking was also totally fun, delicious and I got to see all the favourite herbs and ingredients which are favourites used by Lao cooks. We sipped on fresh lime juice before we began to cook and even this was a treat.
    I came away with a small cook book and the confidence that I could impress friends with at least two Lao dishes. Especially sticky rice, coconut milk and mango (in season).
    The stretch of river side before the garden is also a bonus.....better than a restaurant. Catherine

#2 Posted: 23/3/2011 - 01:51

• LaoTravelle-
    r89

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2011

i thought that learning to cook Lao-style food would be a difficult, long cooking lesson, but this cooking experience changed my views completely.

Cooking with Lao Experiences was great- i learnt a lot (including how to make perfect sticky rice, delicious!) and enjoyed the whole experience. The beautiful setting- we ate our homecooked lunch overlooking the Mekong River- was the icing on the cake.

Would recommend this for anyone spending a few days in Vientiane, its a lovely experience.

#3 Posted: 23/3/2011 - 10:59

• newfie013

Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2011

I have participated in other cooking classes and this one is excellent. The location on the Mekong is lovely with the sounds of locals passing by, the monks chatting at the near by wat and the view over the water. The class is run at a great pace and the dishes on offer are a wonderful introduction to Lao cuisine.

I would recommend this to anyone passing though Vientiane!

#4 Posted: 24/3/2011 - 13:41

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

cat wanders in & takes a *whiff*...the reviews smell a little fishy...& a little of of desperation [img]smileys/tongue.gif[/img]
    somtam2000 what do you think?

#5 Posted: 24/3/2011 - 13:56

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

@wanderingcat

haha, was thinking the same here, seems like somebody made a few accounts to promote their cooking class.

#6 Posted: 25/3/2011 - 16:09

• morven

Joined Travelfish
    19th March, 2011

Hello Wandering Cat-
    I know cats are curious so...
    If you are in Vientiane ask about our cooking and culture course at The Full Moon Cafe; or Hotel Beau Rivage Mekong; or Ansara Hotel; or call us.
    Our guests have been very happy with this experience and the reviews reflect this.

#7 Posted: 9/4/2011 - 17:18

• johnnyberlin

Joined Travelfish
    16th April, 2012

Hey guys,

Going to Laos in June and i am interested in this cooking course. How can i reach you beforehand?

Please let me know :)

Greetings from Berlin.

#8 Posted: 16/4/2012 - 07:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
cooking class in Bangkok? ... By savorygal on 18 Jul 2010 3 2948 20 Dec 2010
Cambodian Cooking Class ... By hotwings on 4 Jul 2007 3 2163 6 Jul 2007
Thai cooking class experience ... By jaat on 15 Dec 2008 2 1995 21 Jan 2009
Siem Reap Cooking Class at the Village ... By bensiemreap on 19 Feb 2010 0 1759 19 Feb 2010