Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos additions forum

Zuela Guesthouse, luang nam tha

Posted by ClaireM on 10/1/2007 at 08:41

In the centre of town opposite the Post Office. Really nice, clean and friendly. Highly recommended.

#1 ClaireM has been a member since 3/10/2006. Posts: 3

Posted by celianz on 7/3/2008 at 12:51

Agree completely. Lovely staff, great building (all glazed brick and wood). Would definitely stay again, was about $6 for twin with ensuite (hot water). Only downside of construction is that you can hear moving around etc if you are downstairs, if you are upstairs then remember those downstairs! All in all though great.

#2 celianz has been a member since 15/12/2007. Posts: 16

Posted by celianz on 7/3/2008 at 12:53

Agree completely. Lovely staff, great building (all glazed brick and wood). Would definitely stay again, was about $6 for twin with ensuite (hot water). Only downside of construction is that you can hear moving around etc if you are downstairs, if you are upstairs then remember those downstairs! All in all though great.

#3 celianz has been a member since 15/12/2007. Posts: 16

Posted by brucemoon on 1/5/2009 at 14:16

Hi

I took this good advice and stayed at Zuela.

I actually stayed in the timber 'annexe' (to the left as you face the main building entry). Quite a bit quieter than the main building (I suspect). Only hassle was the patriotic propaganda over the city loudspeakers between 6:30 - 7:30am!!!

Zuela also offer 125cc motorbike rental in addition to the large range on offer in the main street. If you rent, please go to Muang Sing - it's so worth it.

The management are building a restaurant on the grounds. However, as most restaurant owners employ chinese cooks, no doubt this will be the same.

We ate (in the evening) across the road at the night market. The food is Lao and was great value, really tasty, and there is plenty of variety. Just buy what you want, sit on one of the communal tables, chow down, and converse with who'ever's there.

Thanks & Cheers

#4 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by AbgAcid on 29/12/2009 at 21:56

Yeah, certainly the Zuela guesthouse is a winner at Luang Namtha. I stayed thre on 22 december 2009. Its a large wooden house, well lacqured. I stayed on the upper floor, the floors were wooden too, but sure is smooth and pretty weel constructed. Toilets are clean, hot shower works. We paid 70,000 laks (2 beds),.. which I believed is slightly less then 280 bahts. Fairly cheap. As it was december, the climate was pretty cold at night around 10C, but the manangement had provided with thick blankets, enough to keep us warm.

Staffs are friendly, but with limited english vocabs.

For GPS traveller, the coordinates are N21 00.168' E101 24.541"

AA

#5 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162

Posted by christay2009 on 1/1/2010 at 01:13

...at Zuela you can bargain down the price if you want to pay less. We wanted to sleep 3 in a 2 bed and were quoted 90,000 kip but got it for 70,oookip. Another time I stayed in a double room alone and was quoted 60,000 but got it for 50,000. This was in September 2009.

Also, they have one room in the separate building to the left that was 40,000. This is cheaper because the bathroom is not within the room but opposite/separate. It is literally across the hall and only for your room so it makes little difference.

A great, friendly guesthouse. I hope the restaurant they were building is as good as the guesthouse and doesn't just serve 'western classics' like pizza

I agree with the above comments and I'd definately stay here if you find yourself in Luang Nam Tha!

#6 christay2009 has been a member since 8/2/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 414

Posted by penny101 on 21/1/2010 at 19:59

I totally agree. We stayed for three nights in Dec 2009 and found it excellent - spotlessly clean, very friendly and helpful staff, very good value @90,000 kip pn. Wholeheartedly recommended.

#7 penny101 has been a member since 21/1/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by danibek on 19/2/2010 at 15:57

Really friendly owners. Nice rooms, and free wifi.

#8 danibek has been a member since 15/1/2006. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.