Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos additions forum

Elephant Park Project - a reason to stay another day

Posted by marakusch on 4/4/2007 at 16:21

Luang Prabang is getting more and more busy. Waterfalls seems beeing more and more crowded (Kuang Si), the Hotels in high season full, and the standard seems to be staying just for 2-3 days.

A New initiative from a local operator in cooperation with villages started the Elephant Park Project. Also recognised by NGO's and the stay-another-day.org initiative which is organised by "Mekong Private Sector Development Facility (IFC-MPDF)"

The project Protects former logging Elephants, created jobs, has accommodation, and interaction programs with older femals and one baby Elephant. All financed by visitors!

Absolutely a reason to stay a bit longer in Luang Prabang. Check it out.

The Initiative is started by Tiger Trail and the Elephant XL Camp (which means Xiem Lom, a village close to Tad Sae waterfall.)

Also information about it on
www.stay-another-day.org

#1 marakusch has been a member since 4/4/2007. Posts: 22

Posted by marakusch on 7/4/2007 at 19:27

Hallo again, just got the right link directly to the project website...it is integrated. I have no idea if this is too much of advertising...but interesting to read and definately to go. i was not the only one out there and had quite a few people saying and feeling the same as I.

It is on:
http://www.laos-adventures.com/page.asp?id={D973D667-CD7E-484B-BB1D-C907D6811A83}

Maybe that is too long as a link?
Let me know if this works or not...

#2 marakusch has been a member since 4/4/2007. Posts: 22

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.