Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos additions forum

Laos 2 week itinerary review and suggestions please

Posted by BlingDiva on 23/7/2013 at 18:19

Hi
I'm a new member on Travelfish. I've traveled all around Asia and our next destination is Laos. We are going in November for two weeks. I was hoping to get some feedback on my itinerary. We already have purchased tix and used the discovery pass as well. Here's what I've got please feel free to comment and make suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Nov. 17: Land in BKK at 6:30 AM take 9:30AM Bangkok Air to LP land around 12
Hang out and relax for the rest of the day walk around town
Nov. 18 Tour LP
Nov. 19 Elephant Village visit full day
Nov. 20 Tuk Tuk to Waterfall
Nov. 21 Fly Lao Airline to VTE and VTE Paske
Driver to pick us up from Hotel in Champasak
Relax
Nov. 22 Day trip to Bolevan area? or Wat Phou
Nov. 23 Wat Phou
Nov. 24 Travel to Don Khone Tour around
Nov. 25 Tour Don Khone
Nov. 26 Travel back to Pasak and Fly to VTE from there a driver to take us to VV (I know this day will be horrible but it's the only way I can squeeze it all in)
Nov. 27 VV
Nov. 28 VV
Nov. 29 Travel back early to VTE tour around VTE
Nov. 30 Tour around VTE
Flight home 10:45PM

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

#1 BlingDiva has been a member since 25/6/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by chinarocks on 24/7/2013 at 03:46

Like most things in life, this is doable.

If you want my opinion on whether you should do it, then I would say absolutely not. Laos is not a country where you want to be depending on tight connection times and is a great place to just chill out. In two weeks it's gotta be either North of Vientiane or South of it but certainly not both. Given your logisitics and the fact that you are not travelling onwards to Cambodia afterwards then I would say do the North.

LP (plus a few day trips), VV and Vientiane. Perfect for two weeks.

#2 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 740

Posted by Geer1 on 24/7/2013 at 10:21

If there are 2 of you and you are up to renting a scooter the ride to waterfall is nice with not that much traffic and is cheaper then a tuk tuk.

You could save money by taking bus from Luang Prabang down to Vang Vieng , overall you probably would spend less time travelling by doing this then all the extra connections you have to do to fit it in your way. After Vang Vieng swing down to Vientiane and catch a flight to Pakse. Day trip of Bolaven plateau is mediocre so I wouldn't worry about missing that giving yourself some extra relaxation time/travel time.

#3 Geer1 has been a member since 14/9/2012. Posts: 540
 Where has Geer1 been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.